The Degree programme in Mechanical Engineering has been in existence since the inception of the College in 1997 . In keeping with the industry demand for Mechanical Engineers this course was started in the right earnest and continues to impart quality education through theory classeas as well as practicals. The course is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The course is of 4 years duration,each year consisting of 2 semesters. The students have to undertake a project during the final year.
At present the course has an intake capacity of 60 students per year.
The Program Educational Objectives:
1. Mechanical Engineering graduates will acquire fundamental competencies in mathematics , sciences and core mechanical engineering enabling them for successful careers in industry, research and Institutions of Higher Learning.
2. Mechanical Engineering graduates will be able to learn the core concepts of thermal, design, production and use of research and software enabling them to formulate, analyze and solve engineering problems.
3. Mechanical engineering graduates will be encouraged to work in teams and inculcate professional values and address industrial and socially relevant problems/ projects.
4. Mechanical graduates will be inculcated with management qualities and communication skills and interdisciplinary competencies as well as imbibe an aptitude for life long learning.
At the end of this programme the student will have:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science and Mechanical engineering discipline specific competencies to the solution of engineering problems.
2. Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature and analyze engineering problems using mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences to arrive at substantiated conclusions.
3. Design/ development of solutions : Design solutions for engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and aligned with the cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research based knowledge and methodologies to analyze, interpret data and synthesize information to make valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage : Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering software and tools to simulate and model engineering problems.
6. The Engineer and the Society : Practically contextualize in the society the Mechanical engineering concepts to address health, legal, reliability and safety concerns.
7. Environment and Sustainability : Understand and appreciate the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental context and to imbibe the professional concern for sustainable development practices.
8. Ethics : Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
9. Individual and Team work: Contribute effectively as an Individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams amidst multi-disciplinary settings.
10. Communication : Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large in the form of technical reports, journal and conference papers, design documentation and presentations.
11. Project Management and Finance : Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work and in teams , to successfully manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the context of continuous technological change.
13. Exposure to an External Environment : Correlate knowledge of mechanical engineering with industry practices and standards by exposure to industrial training, internships, workshops and symposiums.
14. Role of Economics and Costing : Apply the concepts of economics and costing to provide solutions to mechanical engineering problems.