|⇨ To impart Quality Education and to grow into a Center of Excellence in the field of Information Technology. |
|⇨ To deliver quality technical education that fosters research and innovation.
|⇨ To establish strong industry academia collaboration and boost entrepreneurship.
|⇨ To provide a vibrant environment with high standards of professional ethics.
|Department of Information Technology |
The degree program in Information Technology was started in the year 2001. Students enrolling to this degree programme are taught courses which reflect the cutting edge technologies used in the IT industry. A qualified, experienced and committed team of faculty forms the backbone of the department.
The courses offered to the students include the latest emerging technologies and are specially designed to meet the growing demands of the Industry. The specialized courses offered are Cryptography and Network Security, Image Processing, Mobile Computing, Distributed Systems, Distributed Databases, Web Services, Design Patterns and Frameworks, Embedded Systems, Advanced Computer Architecture, Data Mining and Warehousing, Bio Informatics and Cyber Laws and Computer Forensics.
The students of Information Technology are provided with an academic ambience with avenues for all round personality development. Our students have consistently been University Toppers, and have also excelled in co-curricular activities.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
Department of Information Technology engineering is committed to graduating dedicated engineers who,
- Have strong fundamental concepts for analyzing, designing and implementing solutions to real world challenges.
- Have technical proficiency in the domain of Information Technology with high competency for employment.
- Have an attitude and aptitude for research and higher studies with better communication, presentation, time management and team-work skills.
- Have a penchant for lifelong self-learning with effective interaction among faculty and students, and networking with alumni,industries and other stake-holders.
- Practice high standards of professional ethics to make decisions with an understanding of their impact on societal,economic and environmental issues.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Graduates will demonstrate basic knowledge in mathematics, basic sciences, social sciences, electrical sciences and other interdisciplinary subjects.
- Graduates will demonstrate ability to design and develop software and products that meet desired specifications and requirements for different architectures and platforms.
- Graduates will demonstrate ability to learn and use emerging tools and technologies.
- Graduates will demonstrate ability to understand, design and develop communication, networking systems and intelligent systems.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to design and conduct tests, interpret and analyze data and report results.
- Graduates will demonstrate an understanding of their professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Graduates will demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms, and exhibit leadership skills with clearly understanding of the value of life long learning.