|⇨ To impart Quality Education and to grow into a Center of Excellence in the field of Information Technology. |
|⇨ To deliver quality technical education that fosters research and innovation.
|⇨ To establish strong industry academia collaboration and boost entrepreneurship.
|⇨ To provide a vibrant environment with high standards of professional ethics.
|Department of Information Technology |
The degree program in Information Technology was started in the year 2001. Students enrolling to this degree programme are taught courses which reflect the cutting edge technologies used in the IT industry. A qualified, experienced and committed team of faculty forms the backbone of the department.
The courses offered to the students include the latest emerging technologies and are specially designed to meet the growing demands of the Industry. The specialized courses offered are Cryptography and Network Security, Image Processing, Mobile Computing, Distributed Systems, Distributed Databases, Web Services, Design Patterns and Frameworks, Embedded Systems, Advanced Computer Architecture, Data Mining and Warehousing, Bio Informatics and Cyber Laws and Computer Forensics.
The students of Information Technology are provided with an academic ambience with avenues for all round personality development. Our students have consistently been University Toppers, and have also excelled in co-curricular activities.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
Department of Information Technology engineering is committed to graduating dedicated engineers who,
- Are competent, creative, and highly valued professionals in industry, academia, or government.
- Demonstrate application based technical proficiency, within and beyond the curriculum, with high competency for employment or entrepreneurship.
- Are flexible and adaptable in the workplace and effectively handle leadership and teamwork opportunities.
- Have an attitude and aptitude for research and show good communication, time management and learning skills.
- Practice high standards of professional ethics with a positive mindset and societal concern.
Program Outcomes (POs)
A graduate of Information Technology Engineering will be able to:
- Apply fundamental knowledge of mathematics, basic sciences, social sciences, electrical sciences and other interdisciplinary subjects in solving information technology problems.
- Identify, formulate, analyse and solve complex Information Technology problems.
- Design and develop software and products that meet desired specifications and requirements for different architectures and platforms.
- Conduct investigations, interpret data and provide suitable conclusions to problems in information technology.
- Provide solutions to networking, data management and intelligent system problems using effective tools and technologies.
- Apply reasoning in assessing societal, health, safety and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice.
- Understand the impact of solutions in environmental context and the need for sustainable development.
- Demonstrate commitment to professionalism and ethics in all responsibilities handled.
- Function effectively as an individual or in a group, in the capacity of a leader, with discipline and integrity.
- Communicate effectively with good project management principles and entrepreneurship skills.
- Participate and succeed in competitive examinations relevant to information technology in India and abroad.
- Acquire the need for and be able to engage in life-long learning.