The Department of Computer Science and Engineering was established in 1997.The department has 16 well qualified faculty members.
Over the years the department has developed to become a centre of excellence providing in-depth technical knowledge and opportunities for innovation and research with well-equipped computer facilities and dedicated faculty. The department of Computer engineering is actively engaged in research on a broad range of topics like Robotics, Multimedia, Human computers etc. Many of our faculty are involved in conducting classes for inter disciplinary courses such as M.E(Information Technology).
The Department provides extensive computing resources for research and education. The laboratories offer the latest hardware and software. This includes more than 200 high-performance computers. The department maintains specialized servers for Database clients & Linux based workstations including File access servers.
Our departmental library has its own collection of technical books, journals, text magazines and CDs for the quick reference of staff and students.
The Program Educational Objectives:
1. To provide students with interdisciplinary skills necessary to formulate, analyze, and solve engineering challenges.
2. To prepare students to be ready for Industry/Research & Development/Academic profession so as to meet changing needs.
3. To equip students with necessary skills for providing innovative solutions to real life problems.
4. To inculcate in students; professional and ethical attitudes, communication and technical writing, team working attitude and an ability for relating engineering issues to social context.
5. To imbibe lifelong learning skills, managerial, leadership skills, and entrepreneurial ability in students.
At the end of this programme the student will have:
1. Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge in mathematics, basic sciences, social sciences, electrical sciences and other interdisciplinary subjects.
2. Ability to design and develop software and products that meet desired specifications and requirements.
3. Ability to design, develop and test system software.
4. Ability to learn and use emerging tools and technologies.
5. Ability to analyze, design and develop efficient computing solutions to various real life, scientific and business
6. Ability to understand, design and develop computing systems for different architectures and platforms.
7. Ability to understand, design and develop secure networking and communication systems.
8. Ability to understand, design and develop intelligent systems.
9. Ability to design and conduct tests, interpret and analyze data and report results.
10. Ability to understand their professional and ethical responsibilities.
11. Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms, and exhibit leadership and managerial skills.
12. Ability to acquire self-learning skills and clearly understand the value of lifelong learning.
13. Ability to participate and succeed in competitive examinations in the country and outside.